The Dog We Stole, my first eBook is available on Amazon Kindle/Mobile App and Google Play Store. Buy your copy here!
The Dog We Stole is the definitive biography of Her Majesty Begum Pathumma. It is available on Amazon Kindle/Mobile App and Google Play Store. Here’s an excerpt from the book, published in The News Minute. The Dog We Stole was written as a series of blogposts in October 2020. This page is a collection of all the blogposts in the series for quick access.
Blogposts in the series
- E1 | A Sunday in June: Our daily tea time ritual leads to the discovery of a caramel pup.
- E2 | A Possessed Teenager: Chaotic and feisty, she is like a possessed teenager.
- E3 | All Okay: How hard did we try to find Pathu’s family?
- E4 | A Goat Dog: The logic behind naming her Pathumma.
- E5 | Pathu Has A Brother: A cliffhanger introducing Pathu’s big brown brother.
- E6 | The Search Mission: A search mission is afoot to find Echo and Pathu.
- E7 | Who’s A Good Boy?: Pathu finds out that Echo is not a feminist ally.
- E8 | Where Houses Are Hunted: It’s house hunting season, Echo and Pathu are home alone for the first time.
- E9 | Pathu’s Pee Protest: Will Pathu’s protest have the desired effect?
- E10 | Fruits Of Her Labour: Pathu’s pee protest is a success but will she get to enjoy the fruits of her labour?
- E11 | This Is An Intervention: Begum Pathumma stages an intervention to set right how she is represented in this series.
- E12 | Humans Say, No Means Yes: Pathu’s love for insects has got her confused. Humans say, ‘no’ means ‘yes’. Could they be wrong?
- E13 | The Great Escape: Another bid is made to escape the humans.
- E14 | The Last Civil Liberty: Pathu takes over the household, one rule at a time.
- E15 | A Secret Wish Comes True: Echo and Pathu barely tolerate each other. How will they survive in a boarding facility?
- E16 | A Dying Breed of Rationalists: Echo and Pathu dedicate their new life as best friends to a common purpose: fulltime surveillance on Mr Parivala Rao, the pigeon.
- E17 | A Quiet Street Flows North: Pathu has found allies in the new neighbourhood. A pack of dogs who live in the bungalow next door.
- E18 | Middle Name—Disruptor: Pathu wants to befriend Echo’s best friend.
- E19 | How To Win Friends: Pathu is taking notes on Echo’s successful human interactions. Will she be able to learn this skill quickly?
- E20 | A Trick Up Her Sleeve: Pathu has practiced to perfection, a trick that—if it works—will become her signature move! Will Indigo fall for this move?
- E21 | Pathu And Indigo In Food Heaven: Pathu’s relationship with Indigo gains traction. Will she be able to seal the deal on their best friendship?
- E22 | Pathu The Free Bleeder: Pathu is on heat. She is jumpy, cranky and yet inexplicably mellow. She is also a free bleeder.
- E23 | Pathu Is Dying: Pathu is dying. She has a plan to make something of herself while she still can.
- E24 | Pathu Has An Action Bias: For Pathu, perfection is a work in progress. She makes an annual work plan as the new operations head of the household.
- E25 | Out In The Real World: Pathu has made up her mind. Her decisions have far-reaching effects but she is ready to welcome her future.
Check out my first novel Every Thing We Are being written 1000 words a day in November 2020 as part of #NaNoWriMo. It’s FREE!
To follow this series
- Bookmark this page.
- Sign up to get the posts delivered to your email.
[jetpack_subscription_form show_subscribers_total=”false” button_on_newline=”false” custom_font_size=”16″ custom_border_radius=”0″ custom_border_weight=”1″ custom_padding=”15″ custom_spacing=”10″ submit_button_classes=”has-background has-bright-blue-background-color” email_field_classes=”” show_only_email_and_button=”true”]