Every Thing We Are is a coming of age novel where Sam learns that every thing we are is not always on display. This is my first attempt at novel writing. It is being written as a fiction series as part of #NaNoWriMo in November 2020. I plan to post around 1000 words every day in November. This page is a collection of all the blogposts in the series for quick access.
Who will like it
Readers of Indian fiction and booklovers who love women protagonists.
- Ch1a: Life in Code| Sam writes in her journal about her first kiss.
- Ch1b: Life in Code| Sam opens up to her secret journal about Madhu.
- Ch2a: Welcome to Samiverse| Sam describes the elements that make up her world.
- Ch2b: Welcome to Samiverse| Sam’s grandmother gives her a new perspective on privacy.
- Ch3a: We All Fall Down | An act of desire.
- Ch3b: We All Fall Down | Sam reveals a game changer that triggers fireworks.
- Ch4a: One Goddess, Maybe More | Achams snuffs out an argument in style.
- Ch4b: One Goddess, Maybe More | Sam knows better than to tell her parents what she knows about the goddess.
- Ch5a: What’s Happening Here? | Sam’s life changes with surveillance, threats and violence.
- Ch5b: What’s Happening Here? | Sam sees a different side to her parents.
- Ch6a: Universe, a Bollywood movie | Sreeja finds reassurance in sharing a secret.
- Ch6b: Universe, a Bollywood movie | Vineeth talks to Amma when life stumps him.
- Ch7a: The Unravelling | Achams plans to get Sam out of the house for the day.
- Ch7b: The Unravelling | Sam unravels as her brother picks sides.
- Ch8a: Insubordination | Chanchal and Siddharth argue about Sam.
- Ch8b: Insubordination | How big is Sam’s issue in Chanchal’s marriage?
- Ch9a: A Power Play | Vimala the house help makes Sam smile.
- Ch9b: A Power Play | Vimala and Sreeja negotiate their precarious power dynamic.
- Ch10a: Hide and Seek | Vimala plays hide and seek with her fate.
- Ch 10b: Hide and Seek | Vimala’s daughter convinces her to stand by Sam.
- Ch 11a: A Well-meaning Misstep | Chanchal’s support gets Sam into more trouble.
- Ch11b: A Well-meaning Misstep | Chanchal and Siddu argue over her new stance.
- Ch12a: Are Eyes For Seeing? | Too emotional to sleep, Sam tumbles onto a painful memory.
- [TRIGGER WARNING] Ch12b: Are Eyes For Seeing? | Sam has suicidal thoughts.
- Ch 13a: A Small Talk Tsunami | Vimala attends her nephew’s wedding.
- [TRIGGER WARNING] Ch 13b: A Small Talk Tsunami | Anban violently disapproves of Vimala’s opinion.
- Ch14a: Planting Your Destiny | Mani offers a botanical intervention to change their destiny.
- Ch14b: Planting Your Destiny | The godman offers to fix Sam’s problems.
- Ch 15a: Sam’s Day Out | Achams plans a day trip with Sam.
- Ch15b: Sam’s Day Out | Sam has a fun day out.
- Ch16a: Stimulus and Response | Sam is taken to a psychiatrist to find a cure.
- Ch16b: Stimulus and Response | Achams has a vision
- Ch17a: Chaperoning Change | Achams and Sam at her house on the hill.
- Ch17b: Chaperoning Change | Achams on how much she has changed over the years.
- Ch18a: It’s a Beautiful Day | Sam spends a beautiful day in the park.
- Ch18b: It’s a Beautiful Day | Sam’s dream takes a turn for the worse.
- [TRIGGER WARNING] Ch19a: A Slit In Time | Sam loses all hope.
- Ch19b: A Slit In Time | Achams takes a big decision.
- Ch20a: Courage As Habit | Sam’s recovery in Achams’ house of routine.
- Ch20b: Courage As Habit | Achams reminisces about life with Echu.
- Ch21a: Trust Begets Trust | Sam and Chinnu confide in each other.
To follow this series
- Bookmark this page.
- Sign up to get these posts delivered to your email.
Checkout my first eBook on Amazon: The Dog We Stole